Welcome Back to School at Hill-Murray!
August 25, 2023
Current families, please scroll down to take a look at some important information to ensure a smooth transition into the first day of school.
Dear Hill-Murray Community,
The campus has been full of energy over the last week as all our teachers returned for a week of collaboration, professional development, and a bit of fun preparing for the new school year. Today, we had student orientation for our new Middle School students, led by some fantastic student leaders, and we cannot wait to welcome ALL of our students on campus for the first day of school on Monday, August 28th!
The first day of school comes with all of the hope, challenges, and promise of a new year. At Hill-Murray we understand that students need a place where they are supported in their learning and growth. A place where values matter and positive relationships flourish – this is The Pioneer Way. The Pioneer Way is a path that goes boldly into the future, guided by our values and illuminated by the light of Christ. It’s a path that meets the needs of the students God has entrusted to our care and provides them with the skills, mindsets, and values that enable them to become the kind of leaders our world needs. I saw this in action earlier this week when our older students were guiding our younger students, providing leadership that showed compassion and kindness. I also saw it in our faculty and staff this week as they renewed their commitment to providing the very best faith-based learning environment for our students, one that you can be proud to support.
I am happy to share pictures of our new science classrooms! A special thank you to Brent Johnson and our maintenance team for all their hard work in preparing our school. Our science teachers also put in significant time and effort to get the classrooms up and running for the start of the year. They look amazing! Also, see the recent article featuring Hill-Murray in the Catholic Spirit on digital well-being. We can’t wait to welcome all of our pioneers back to campus Monday morning – See you soon!
Melissa Dan, President
Current families, please take a look at some of the important information below:
School Calendar and Bell Schedule
The Academic Calendar will provide you and your family with all the planned days off during the 2023-24 school year. Click here for the 2023-24 Academic Calendar.
Click here for the 2023-24 Daily Middle and High School bell schedules and here to understand the rationale of the new schedule. Just a reminder that Wednesdays are late start days, on those days, the first class begins at 8:45 am. Students are welcome to arrive at school at the regular time, and buses will also run at the regular times.
Student Schedule & Infinite Campus
Students are asked to check their schedules on Infinite Campus and be ready for the first day of school. Any schedule conflicts should have already been resolved with the Guidance & Counseling Office. If students have any questions about their schedule, they are asked to report to the Guidance & Counseling Office before school Monday morning.
Please review the Uniform Policy. As you know, in addition to black golf pants and shorts, black joggers for ALL students are allowed in addition to the gray uniform skirts for the girls. 2023-2024 will be the last year for the current Donald’s style skirt, and we are evaluating possible options for skorts for the following year for our girls.
Drop-Off & Pick-up Procedures
Hill-Murray staff will be out there on Monday to direct you, but as a reminder, the entry point for drop-off and pick-up is the east access point from Larpenteur Ave. Students will exit from the passenger side of your vehicle and utilize the sidewalks to enter the school. Click here for a pickup and drop-off map.
- Please use the right lane to drop-off/pick-up, and if needed use the left lane to carefully pass the vehicle in front of you to keep the line moving forward. You will have a single-lane exit option to turn right or left onto Larpenteur Ave.
- Be aware: AM PEAK TIMES = 7:15am – 7:55am PM PEAK TIMES = 2:15pm – 3:00pm
- For safety reasons, student pick-up and drop-off are not available on the west side of the building (Chapel area and athletic area).
New Attendance Procedure
- On Monday, Hill-Murray will test a parent portal Attendance Service on Infinite Campus to report attendance online. This will offer our parents amazing convenience – No more random and misplaced handwritten notes, phone calls, and emails!
- To report your student’s attendance status, including absence, tardiness or early dismissal, log in to your Campus Parent app (Google Play or App Store) or log in to your account on any computer. Select the 3 lines on the left side of your screen & select ‘More’. Under ‘More’ select attendance and select your student’s status.
- If you need help logging into your Infinite Campus account, please call Mary McPherson at 651.748.2428. Parents must be logged into their own accounts; attendance cannot be reported through a student’s login.
Back to School Night
All parents are invited to Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 6. Join us for a first-hand look at your student’s academic experience at Hill-Murray School. You can follow our daily schedule, meet each teacher, and learn how to access course resources. Grades 6, 7, 9 begin with special informational meetings at 5:00 p.m. Period 1: begins for everyone in grades 6-12 at 6:00 p.m.