New Daily Schedule Released
Feb. 10, 2023
Our Go Boldly Strategic Plan outlines a clear vision for learning that puts the student experience front and center. Providing our students with transformational learning experiences grounded in excellence is a hallmark of a Hill-Murray education. In order to deliver on this experience, we need a thoughtful, carefully planned Daily Schedule that prioritizes the Mind-Body-Spirit, one of our core values.
Our students deserve a Daily Schedule that supports their well-being, engages them academically, maximizes opportunities for growth and enrichment, and implements the latest adolescent research and best practices.
There are six significant and exciting changes to the Daily Schedule that will be starting this fall. All of the changes are designed to enhance and improve the learning experience for every Hill-Murray student.
Those changes are:
- Consistent 70-minute class periods
- The introduction of a Pioneer Period for High School
- Expanded elective opportunities for Middle School
- More regular WIN time for both High School and Middle School
- Late start for students on Wednesdays
- School day extended to 2:40 pmEach of the changes is explained in greater detail in this document. We highly encourage you to review the document and reach out to Guidance and Counseling to help you through the course selection process.
Key Dates for 2023-24 School Year
The new year is upon us, and we know families are already preparing for NEXT school year. Below are some key dates that should help in your planning process.
- August, 14, 2023 – First day of fall athletics/Freshmen Retreat
- August 28, 2023- First day of school
- Oct. 18-20, 2023 – Fall break
- Dec. 21, 2023-Jan 2, 2024 – Christmas break
- March 25, 2024 – April 1, 2024 – Easter break
- May 23, 2024 – High School Graduation
- June 4, 2024 – Middle School Graduation