At Hill-Murray, we welcome international students with a focused desire to learn and a passion to experience another culture. While international students face a rigorous academic schedule, we also encourage participation in cocurricular activities such as sports, music and the arts.
Proficiency in reading, writing and understanding the English language is essential to academic success at Hill-Murray. Hill-Murray School does not offer any English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, so in addition to the completing the application, international students who are non-native English speakers must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.To be accepted at Hill-Murray, students must also possess an academic record of C average or higher and will need to show the equivalent of the following scores:
- 500 on the paper-based TOEFL or
- 173 on the computer-based TOEFL or
- 61 on the internet-based TOEFL
If you need assistance, please contact the agency that handles TOEFL registration in your country or contact:
Educational Testing Service
Address: PO Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541
As part of the Admissions process, international students may be required to complete a Skype interview with Hill-Murray Admissions and Academic Officers.
Students who meet the above criteria and are enrolled for credit at Hill-Murray School will be issued a Form I-20.
Grades 9-12: $13,995
Grade 8: $11,730
Grade 7: $9,730
Grade 6: $7,730
PLEASE NOTE: Additional fees may apply for international students, depending on program costs.
There is a $500 enrollment fee per student due at the time of enrollment.
A $125 per semester technology fee will be charged to students in grades 9-12 for their MacBook Air laptop computer.
There are additional fees if you choose to contract for busing.
Students participating in athletics or other cocurricular activities are required to pay a participation fee.
Housing & Financial Aid
Hill-Murray does not offer any boarding programs or financial assistance for international students. All international students are required to find their own host family.
If you are interested in participating in athletics during your international experience at Hill-Murray, please note the following information:
- Fill out the High School Athletic Eligibility Form and return it to the Athletics Office as soon as possible.
- If you plan to participate in a fall sport at Hill-Murray (boys and girls soccer, cross country, football, girls swimming, girls tennis, or volleyball), please plan to be in Minnesota by August 1. Many teams hold their tryouts and start practices the first week of August.
- No students are allowed to join a fall sport after the fourth Monday of the season per the Minnesota State High School League rules and regulations.
- International students are not guaranteed eligibility.