Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to all of your questions about the Hill-Murray School application process, including timing for submitting an application and receiving a response, admission criteria, and more.
- When should I apply for the upcoming school year?
- Is there an application fee?
- How many students are enrolled at Hill-Murray School?
- What is the admission criteria?
- What is the average class size?
- Does my family need to be Catholic in order to apply?
- How soon do I find out if my student has been accepted?
- Should I apply for tuition assistance or a scholarship at the same time I submit my application to attend Hill-Murray?
The early application deadline for 2019-2020 Hill-Murray School applications is November 1, 2018.
The regular application deadline is January 15, 2019.
If you miss these deadlines, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but classes could fill up and you may be put on a waiting list for services you may need through The Nicholas Center. Additionally, the amount available for tuition assistance will decrease as funds are allocated among families.
Hill-Murray looks at the last 3 years of a student’s grades and standardized test scores. We are looking for a C average or above and a student to be at or above grade level on the standardized tests. We also look for a behavioral record free of discipline issues. Hill-Murray will review all supporting documents students may have (e.g. IEPs or 504), and in some cases, we will require a student interview.
Yes, you should submit your tuition assistance and scholarship applications when you submit your application to attend. If you submit an application for early admission, please submit your tuition assistance application at the same time.
The deadline to apply for Variable Tuition and Scholarships has closed for the 2019-2020 school year.