Hill-Murray School is Catholic Benedictine school and fundamental to our mission are three cornerstones: We are a strong catechetical community, we are an institution of academic excellence, and we strive for excellence in cocurricular programming.
Through these cornerstones, our students use their gifts and talents to give glory to God and serve their neighbor. We cultivate our faith community by presenting the teachings of the Catholic faith, encouraging students to deepen their relationship with God, and encouraging a spirit of service.
We are rooted in the traditions of our the founders of our school: the Benedictine Sisters, guided by the Rule of St. Benedict, and the Christian Brothers, founded by St. John Baptist De La Salle. These traditions are expressed through our charisms (spiritual gifts) of faith, leadership, service and community.
- Academic religion courses that explore the creed, sacraments, Christian ethics, and prayer as expressed in The Catechism of the Catholic Church and in the spirit of The Documents of the Second Vatican Ecumenical Council
- Campus Ministry that provides a school-wide vision of ministry and pastoral care that embraces the dignity of each person
- All-school and grade-level Masses throughout the school year
- Catholic, ecumenical and inter-faith prayer services
- Religious identity orientation days the first week of school to broaden and deepen our community’s expression of our spiritual identity and celebrate the dignity of all
- Annual grade-level retreats
- Student leadership development through our Peer Ministry Program
- A school-wide commitment to teaching and living the principles of Catholic social teachings
- High School graduation standards that require our students participate in meaningful community service experiences each year they attend Hill-Murray
- Monthly school-sponsored opportunities to get involved in service
- Summer mission/immersion trips: in northern Minnesota to be in solidarity with Native American communities and traveling to Kentucky to be in solidarity with the people of Appalachia
- A service award program that honors and celebrates our many students who demonstrate an excellent commitment to living the Catholic social teachings